Something to bump to

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

How Much Do I Really Know......


NOTHING.... so it seems. The quiz today really proved to me that as much as I say I know about what’s current; in reality there are things I'm not up on. For instance, the question that stated, "What famous person known for being famous just got married this weekend?" I had no clue the answer to that question. Probably because when it comes to celebrities and being up to date on the latest scandals and etc. I'm the type of person who just doesn't care. I don't feel as if every little detail of a celebrity’s life is something I want to know about. It doesn't really pertain to me nor does it enlighten me on anything I feel is necessary for me to go about my day. But, this wasn't the only question to throw me off because on the second half when the questions pertained to certain aspects of government... i didn't know the answers either. For example, the question "What is the name and political affiliation of Pennsylvania’s current governor?" I wasn't able to answer that question because when it comes to politics I've never took an interest. Government and my concerns towards it are best described as, how often people on the normal look at the night sky... once in a blue moon... so my understanding and knowledge of our countries secretary and political affairs are on a low. Hopefully in time though, ill take a greater interest in knowing about what NEEDS to be known, rather than what I FEEL like knowing. 

8 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on the stuff about celebrities. I can care less about any of that stuff too. I have enough to worry about already but do you think we ever will learn more about important things like our own history?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you think that people take the time to learn about someone else life ,but do not take the time to learn about their own surroundings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you feel that if the paparazzi focused on more important subjects like whats going on in the world or whats going on with our government would make the general public be more interested in whats going on around them or would inform the public more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were not the only one do struggle with those questions. What do you feel the media in general could do to help catch the attention of the general public and help infom the public on these growing issues within our own goverenment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you think that the mainstream media could show us political things and not make us bored in a way, that we can be educated and still watch our favorite tv shows, movies, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree with you saying about taking an interest in government because it just boring. Is it possible to change this opinion or will celebrity gossip always be on the top?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since you said you don't care much for what the famous people are doing and you don't really like politics, what type of stuff do you like to stay informed about? Examples would be music, environmental issues, history, and religion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to apologize for not being able to respond to your questions i was having internet connection problems with my laptop

    ReplyDelete